That was the final vote count last night, in a historic late vote, as Democrats squeaked Pelosicare through after an incredibly heated debate. Republicans, one after the other, implored the House to listen to the people and defeat the insanity. Democrat women had meltdown after meltdown at the mikes, while the chair let them eat up the clock.
Unfortunately, the Kool-Aid drinkers and cowards on the other side of the aisle cobbled enough votes together to take the plan to the next level: attempting to work out a compromise bill with the Senate.
On Nov. 2, the Congressional Budget Office estimated what the plan will likely cost you personally. An individual earning $44,000 before taxes who purchases his own insurance will have to pay a $5,300 premium and an estimated $2,000 in out-of-pocket expenses, for a total of $7,300 a year, which is 17% of his pre-tax income. A family earning $102,100 a year before taxes will have to pay a $15,000 premium plus an estimated $5,300 out-of-pocket, for a $20,300 total, or 20% of its pre-tax income. Individuals and families earning less than these amounts will be eligible for subsidies paid directly to their insurer.
• Sec. 399V (p. 1422) of the bill provides for grants to community “entities” like ACORN, with no required qualifications except having “documented community activity and experience with community healthcare workers” to “educate, guide, and provide experiential learning opportunities” aimed at drug abuse, poor nutrition, smoking and obesity. “Each community health worker program receiving funds under the grant will provide services in the cultural context most appropriate for the individual served by the program.”
The lone Republican who voted for the bill was Anh “Joseph” Quang Cao, a Representative from Louisiana; born in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. 39 Democrats joined the Republicans in voting NO.
Here’s a list of who voted for the bill, and who voted against it. You can click on their districts, and go through to where you can contact them and give them either a high-five, or a pink-slip warning.
The Stupak amendment, tightening up prohibitions on federal funding for abortions in the bill passed with no problem. The problem? It may just be a shell game. Pelosi has promised that the language WON’T be in the compromise bill that gets hammered out with the Senate. Tax-cheat Charlie Rangel danced all around the issue when John Boehner confronted him; Rangel was trying his hardest to look ethical. What a freaking joke.
The battle is not over. Now, more than ever, your calls and emails are critical. Gear up and plug in like you never have in your lives. Target the Democrats who voted “Yes”, support those who voted “No”, and encourage them to stand their ground. The future of generations depends upon it.
Related Posts on Right Soup:
- Norm Coleman Maintains Lead With 78% Recount Complete In Minnesota Senate Race
- Plans Underway For “National Obama Day”
- Attorney For “American Taliban” Appointed To Justice Department
- Obama And Co.’s Deceptive, Fuzzy Math On Stimulus Job Creation
- Baucus Reveals His New Health Care Proposal, No Republicans On Board
- Michele Bachmann Calls For Investigation Of Obama Judicial Appointment
- Right Sightings
- Michael Savage: Turn Tea Party Into “Impeach Obama” Party
- John Brennan Panders To “Flying Imam” Ringleader
- Why Underwater Loans Are NOT Being Negotiated
- Right Sightings
- National Tea Party Convention: Breitbart Spanks The Media!
- Too Late To Apologize: A Declaration
- It’s Not Civil To Question Obama’s Citizenship